Monday, February 28, 2011

Dreaming of grey

I think grey is my new favourite colour. I seem to suddenly own a lot of grey clothes and every time I see grey used in rooms as I browse the blogosphere I have to pause. As Dave and I went for a walk yesterday, I told him my grand plans for our future house that will be done in grey rather than beige. He was less than excited about my plans...he likes grey but doesn't care for talking about shopping for a new house!

I saw this couch at IKEA when we were there last and I'm a little obsessed about it:


It's called the KARLSTAD sofa and I really love it. It also comes in a plain grey but I like the pattern/texture of this cover. I think grey looks so good with so many colours that you could easily change the look of your living room just by changing the pillows and accessories. I would do accents in yellow or blue...and although Dave probably wouldn't go for these, a bright pink or a pretty shade of purple would also be pretty sweet. I could just tell Dave that the purple was actually blue...but that wouldn't be very nice, would it???

I also recently came across a site that sells a fabric that I saw on 'Sarah 101' (the best show on HGTV!):



It's Duralee's Dahlia fabric (in dove) from Velocity. I could sew up a pretty sweet throw pillow in this fabric!

Oh, and here's evidence that purple looks good with grey:


This is Duralee's Hedge fabric (in plum) from Velocity. Flowery goodness all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment